Its been one of those days ... I don't like Directtv

texasbartrambaby

Songster
11 Years
Dec 3, 2008
Tulia, Texas
Ok, I usually don't rant too much, but right now I am just more than upset. Hubby and I share bank accounts but mine is basically mine and his is his. I don't "work", but I do help during wheatlidge by driving the swather and raking hay sometimes. So, each month he puts a "paycheck" into my account and I take care of the bills, etc. out of it. Its basically our main account. Well, we're about to move (hopefully) and dh told me to cancel our dirrectv. So I did, and they sent the boxes for the three receivers during December. No problem, I packed them up and they picked them up. Well, about a week later dirrecttv drafted out of my account 608.13 - yep, you read it right, over 600 dollars!!!
ep.gif
During Christmas time. Well I immediately called and the rep told me that just received the boxes but the computer automatically deducts if they were not received within 7 days.
somad.gif

Well, called the bank and they did a temporary credit until dtv recredited the account. That was mid-Dec. Checked my account today and bank redrafted the account, pulling me over.
hit.gif
Since dtv hadn't credited my account yet. Called dtv, and oh, yes mam we've credited the account. REALLY?? Oh, well we mail out a check and it takes 6 - 8 weeks. Do I really need to go there .... you can zip out as fast as you want but 6 weeks to mail a check .....
rant.gif

So I had to call dh and ask for more money. Not a nice conversation. And it doesn't help that eggs from Iwan's and bayhorsebonne showed up today .... I kinda hid those when he was here at lunch. I just feel at my wits end right now .....

But on the good side, those eggs are beautiful. My new genesis showed up today too ... what better timing?????

Yep- I just heard the financial guy on the radio the other day say NEVER put anything other than your mortgage or insurance to auto-draft from your account. He said people all over the country are starting to have trouble with it because the credit card companies are freaking and forcing people to pay via this method. They especially like to tell you, "Oh, yes, we'll lower your payment if you let us draft from your account" Then they don't really lower the payment and draft the higher amount. If you didn't get it in writing, then they are allowed to do this.

Be careful! Now... if you use online bill pay from your bank, that's different. Your software program is sending the money for you at a designated time from your bank account... the company doesn't have drafting privileges. You will know the difference because they will ask for your bank account/routing numbers. I would recommend to NEVER give these out to credit card companies, utility companies or other such businesses. Even if your credit is messed up and you are behind, they do not have the legal right (they may tell you they do) to access your back account directly.

Good luck- hope they fix everything soon!

Thanks so much - I am just so frustrated - I am NEVER behind on any bills but this made me bounce a check. Something I NEVER do either. And dh is really wanting us to become more self sufficient and save lots because of the new house closing soon. So of course I got the "we can't ever save money" rant. Ugh.

I have Dish Network and last bill included 2 adult movies which we didnt order. I was having problems with the kid across the street I think he was trying to hijack the one in my bedroom, the remotes for those are over air waves and they have it too. So I told them was it possible. Well yes and they helped me set blocks, etc. Then told me they dont refund pay per view. EXCUSE ME! I didnt watch those movies Im not going to pay. So anyone who has this service pay attention here..... I said I wanted to talk to a supervisor, ok, he comes back 3 minutes later and says they are busy but Ok, I can do this for you how about I refund one of the movies and we spilt the difference? I said not acceptable. So he puts me on hold again, comes back and says Ok I can give you a full refund but only this one time. I said ok, we got the blocks now shouldnt be a problem....yeah right, we cant refund them, oh but wait will you accept half? No way, I got what I wanted by not backing down. I can be a real B**** when it comes to my money. Im not even going to go into the month long fiasco I just went thru with Net10,
roll.png
but I got what I wanted.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I tried to be, but got put on eternal hold. I am glad that you got what you needed to! We went through that a few years ago, "adult" phone calls charged to our bill. I got the "Well hun are you sure that no one in your house charged this? Maybe one of your kids?"
ep.gif
The oldest was 5 at the time, and dh worked nights and days and nights and wasn't home long enough to sleep let alone think about THAT! I eventually got my way. I haven't gotten my way on this. Guess I just have to wait 6 - 8 weeks for my check .....
somad.gif

Back
Top Bottom