1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Its Christmas!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by halo, Jan 16, 2008.

1. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I got my very first box of hatching eggs, from Jody (hinkjc). I really didnt know what to think, Ive never gotten any before; heck, Im still reading the incubator instructions. Only took 2 days from PA to FL. I opened the box and found this...

[​IMG]

Then I dug down and found this...

[​IMG]

All well and good, so far....then I found these!!!...

[​IMG]

All looks terrific. I can't imagine how eggs could come thru mailing in such perfect shape, but they did. Thank you, Jody!

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Have a great time hatching those!!...Jody does a good job packing eggs...

3. fallenweeble

fallenweeble Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2007
    wow, how neat!

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I opened a box just like that today....except my eggs are all blue/green!! [​IMG]

5. RedStickLA

RedStickLA Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Ohhhh...I can’t wait to get my eggs from Jody...
    I have to get back home first so I have to wait another 2 1/2 weeks till I get mine...
    [​IMG] Happy Hatching! [​IMG]
    Mitzi

6. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jody(hinkjc) is the best at egg packing id have to say..ive never seen better. The only way those eggs could get broken is if they dropped the from a high place or smashed the boxes.....[​IMG]

7. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    [​IMG] Merry Christmas Halo! I am so happy to see they arrived safely. Thank you for the nice comments. And happy hatching! [​IMG]

Jody

8. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Well.....uh.....uh......uh.... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

My incubator is up and running, seems to be working perfectly, temp holding at 99.8.....so why can't I put these eggs in there now? Why do they have to "set" for a day? Cant they set while they are in the incubator? (whine........)

Kathy

9. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    You don't have to let them set for a day. 6-8 hours is sufficient at room temp.

Jody

10. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    sooooooo....

6-8 hours from when? When they crossed the border to Florida? When the mail lady dropped them off to me? So I can probably put them in the bator tonight when I go to bed? yeehaaaa.....I might have to call in sick with a 21 day flu bug...Ive heard its going around.

Kathy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by