It's Cold BRRrrrrrrrrr Here this morning.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by BamaChicken, Jan 16, 2009.

1. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Wow, we went from a month of 70 degree weather to now 22 to this morning and the wind is about 15 mph. I have a roaring fire going to try and keep us warm and save on utilities. The thoughts of going out to feed and water this morning is not going to be pleasurable as it usaully is. I don't know how all you fine people who live in cold areas make it. Supposed to be down to 18 tonite which means around 14 to 16 where we live.
    Hope my chickens who are not that used to cold make it okay. They all have areas out of the wind.
    Stay Warm

2. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    I'm totally sick of this cold weather too. It was -8 w/ a -18 wind chill. I'm amazed that my chickens are still alive, all were accounted for and all the rooster crowing this morning. Of course they are in 5 inches of wood shavings and 5 inches of straw. [​IMG] Only 2 more months of winter.....

3. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Am I still in FLORIDA?????????? BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR it's cold! [​IMG]

4. Jenski

Jenski Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    5 this morning here in Mid-TN . . .

5. GaDawg

GaDawg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    North GA
    We have our wood heater going and our electric heat is still kicking on. 9 degrees outside now

6. hippichick

hippichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    I hear you, Julie. It's cold here too. We're just not used to this. Poor chickies. We're complaining because it's in the 20s, and poor Heidi's in Michigan where it's -18. How do you guys do it??? Good news, though, it's supposed to warm up into the 60s and 70s here in the next few days!! Bring 'em on!![​IMG]

Paula

7. sara

sara Title Needed Here

I'm really not a fan of the cold. Is it spring yet?

8. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] it was 22 here this morning, and I thought - wow thats not so bad! Gonna be a nice day! [​IMG]

9. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    It was -19 here overnight. We might hit a high of 11 today. Monday is supposed to be 37 - thinking about digging the shorts out for that!

10. DouglasPeeps

DouglasPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    Quote:That is what I was thinking! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by