It's Confirmed! My husband loves Muscovies!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by chickboss, Jun 26, 2010.

1. chickboss

chickboss Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Well, to start, my husband really didn't want to get Muscovies. He didn't like how they looked and just nothing about them appealled to him. But, because he is so great, he didn't mind me brining 10 little 2 day old Muscovies home. And I have to add that he promptly declared them the "prettiest little ducklings I have ever seen!" LOL. He now always talks about how beautiful they are, and have I seen those blacks in the sun, and what about the detail on the wings of the blues, ect. ect. Also makes daily comments on how peaceful they are and how he just loves it that they come right up to him... and I make comments about how smitten he has become. He knows that I am having issues with potentially having to part with some boys (we ended up with five) and that I have been hatching plans to get some older girls if possible to up the numbers of males I can remain attached to. So today, he comes home with this little brown bag, and tells me to take a look. LOL, so I do, and it is empty, and he says, "No, what is on the bag?" And I look and it says "Free Muscovies" with a phone number.... Turns out he's been looking to because he doesn't want to look off our porch and not see our beautiful drakes either. How sweet is that? [​IMG]

2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    What a wonderful hubby you have. I am so glad for you that he is taking an interest in your ducks. Now..Does this mean that he will be having to help with building some new runs and houses to keep all these beautiful ducks in?? Im sure he will be more than willing by the sounds of it.

3. MysticalMom

MysticalMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Oh didn't they tell ya? Scovy fever is catching. [​IMG]

4. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    aweeee [​IMG] how sweet!!! mt dad has it too i think. he is in love with my drake. we are talking about building a new pen as well. i'm scared my drake with man handle the little mallard and rouen/mallard cross and idk the sex of my blue scovy yet.. but my dad likes to sit outside and talk to my drake. [​IMG] he talks to my quack attack too

5. chickboss

chickboss Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Duckyfromoz~ LOL, yes, in fact he has gotten off his tush and is helping quite a bit!

So, not only were their ducks beautifully kept, but they had five girls! We took four, leaving one for someone else. They are so lovely! I will try to get some pics up. Lovesduckies, that is too funny about your dad. Just to easy to love the duckies! One of these days I will get pics of all the ducks to post. They are all doing so well, and happy and healthy, and we are having too much fun with them all.

MysticalMom~ Ummm, catchy? I think it is all but rampant! LOL!

6. chickeepoo

chickeepoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    How sweet! Always glad to hear we have spousal backup on the plans we hatch![​IMG]
    that's TWU WUV…

7. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Haa haa that's funny! So next time we come down, the scovies are gonna have a whole condo, with multiple levels, right?? [​IMG]

8. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Quote:What a wonderful hubby you have!! Bless him!! [​IMG] Enjoy those ducks.

9. Cottage Rose

Cottage Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Mid west Michigan
    Congrats on the new Muscovy Geek! [​IMG]

10. DragonEggs

DragonEggs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Borger, TX
    Awwww [​IMG] Does he have a brother? LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by