Its dark in the egg!

Fancy Feather Poultry

Cooped Up
12 Years
May 30, 2007
I candeled my eggs today and there at day 8. One of them I know is alive and growing, anouther one is black but you can see vanes. The other two are just dark! I cant see anything thing could this be something wrong I dont kno what going on, should I keep them in the bator still? or crack them open? :|

im in the same boat...at day 16 today and the eggs have basically an air sac and the rest of the egg is dark...i guess the lil chick is just filling up all the room...is this normal? Am i supposed to see movement still?

its not fully dark just the end when u look at it from like this special side of the egg it look like a upside down "U" of darkness

I wish there were more pics on the web of eggs in the later stages of development. There's plenty of pics up to day 7, but after that there's really nothing... I did find some of duck eggs, but since they go to 28 days it's hard to compare them to the development of chicken eggs.

Maybe after a few hatches, I will try to do some pics myself so others will have them to reference.

That would be nice, but im not sure if this is dead or what. I might be just the chick

developing with yolk around it im not sure. But if it starts to stink i'll know why and im gonna get rid of them.

Back
Top Bottom