It's Day 21

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by minihorse927, Dec 21, 2010.

1. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper Premium Member

Nov 3, 2010
    and they are being very patient about hatching! I am sick of waiting, I want fuzz butts now! The were put in 11/30/10 at 9am so here I sit at work now wondering if they ever decided to try and hatch yet. I hope to go home to 8 babies! Or at least 8 eggs trying to turn into babies! All 16 eggs that went into lockdown candled out where they should have been. 8 are due today and 8 are due tomorrow. I have no patience!!!

2. coltssuperbowl83

coltssuperbowl83 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2010
    Kingsville
    I have seen alot of posts on here recently about people's eggs hatching late. Good luck with your hatch and you'll probably go home to them all either hatched or at least peeping and pipping. Hang in there, you'll make it. [​IMG]

3. BeccaB00

BeccaB00 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Kansas
    Don't worry to much! I'm always like that. I'd literally sit at the incubator

from the time they made the first hole, until they hatched. Then when they'd

finally hatched I was like a ninja. [​IMG] No matter how many hatches I do, I think

I'll always be like that [​IMG]

4. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper Premium Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Well one baby was zipped fully when I got home last night but was stuck in the shell. He was not shrinkwrapped fully but the membrane was stuck right against the back of his head which trapped him in the shell. Had to help the chick out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by