its day 24 toss them or still wait

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickenboy1993, Apr 20, 2009.

1. chickenboy1993

chickenboy1993 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    dayton, Virginia
    its day 24 and nothing so i toss them now the eggs are not even moving so what do yall think

2. uglydog

uglydog Out Of The Brooder

Jun 28, 2008
    Texas
    I am sure some more qualified will answer you. Just wanted to add my first experience, mine hatched yesterday and today, and two more just now pecking through, in a friends incubator. For somereason his turkey, Quail and peacocks did not hatch this go around, and mine were at day 24, we were just about to trash them when I get a call that I had chicks!

3. tackyrama

tackyrama Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2008
    Central Minnesota USA
    I had a late hatch two weeks ago. I had chicks hatching at days 22 & 23 but non after. On day 24 I took the eggs out and checked them all. About five were fully formed but dead. I was having major problems with temp control with my Brower top hatch. I completely disassembled the incubator and found dust and lint buildup where the fan blows the warm air up into the egg area. This was apparently causing circulation problems hence temp control problems. My guess is this could be a problem for anyone with this type of incubator. A good vacuuming around the bottom of the tower toward the end of the 21 day hatch period should head off any problems. I reccommend this for Brower top hatch bators in addition to cleaning and disinfecting after every hatch. Temp control is right on with the batch I now have incubating.

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Id take them out carefully and do eggtopsies on them. You might find one alive, but it's doubtful.

5. chickenboy1993

Feb 23, 2009
    dayton, Virginia
    i just done an eggtopsie on 2 of them and i found fully devoloped dead chicks one was kinda dry and it had poked the air sac and the other was wet and had not poked the air sac so what did i do wrong

6. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    You have to sit down with a journal and follow your temp and humidity levels for the 21 days, also making sure that they had good oxygen levels in the bator, not too much handling or candling them.

7. chickenboy1993

Feb 23, 2009
    dayton, Virginia
    ok i will do

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by