It's day 7 and I can't see veins on goose eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Rosalinda, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Rosalinda

Rosalinda Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2009
    San Antonio, Texas
    I have a bator w 3 trays. I had placed 22 chicken eggs when I came across 24 more eggs. So I placed them in the bator. Then a parent gave me some goose eggs (which I also placed in the bator). The first set of eggs have hatched (unfortunatly 5 eggs didn't make it). I candled the second set of chicken eggs and I see them making progress. However, I can't see veins in the goose eggs. I can see the yolks but I can't see veins. I am using a mini meg light. This is my first time trying goose eggs and I am really hoping the eggs are good and are making progress.

I would appreciate advice!

2. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Don't throw them out yet. Try again on day 10. I don't throw anything out until about day 15 unless I think it might explode in the 'bator.

3. elliemay0305

elliemay0305 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    geese eggs are like chicken eggs. you shoul dbe able to see something inside if they are good. you can give a little more time just in case but i did goose eggs last year and normally 24 to 48 hours in the bator you can tell if they are good or not.

4. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

I would wait a couple more days then candle again.

5. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    I would wait, I wait on chicken eggs I would defently wait on goose scince they take 30 days I think instead of 21 maybe just a slow starter.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by