Its FINALLY Cold Here!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by countyroad1330, Nov 6, 2007.

1. countyroad1330

countyroad1330 Thunder Snow 2009!

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    Today is the first cold day we've had around here in South Central Oklahoma. I was wearing shorts Monday. Shorts, in November!!! The cold weather makes me feel like its ok that Target is selling Christmas decorations *haha*

2. blossom hen

blossom hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2007
    NE Tx
    Agree! I finally lit the pilot light on the heater last Sat. "because it's November"! Tonight I'm glad because it's 37 with a windchill of 32 right now and that heater feels good. We've had our first power outage tonight also. Went to sleep early and power was still off when I woke a couple of hours ago. We really rely on electricity! Everything I could think of to do involved electricity except reading or crafting and candle light isn't sufficient for my eyesight for those activities anymore I discovered! Felt like cheering when the power came on!

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

We woke to a temp of 27 degrees! Woohoo! I LOVE this time of year! We have power outages jsut about monthly. More if the weather is bad...or just windy. Getting the wood stove started now....Ahhhhhhh, heat!!!

4. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    [​IMG] 40 degrees here this morning & loving it. [​IMG]

5. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    32 here in Maryland last night I want snow so I can ski.

6. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] love that pic............about to fly outta here to S.C. ....looked up weather there,its showing 2* UGH

7. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    31 degrees when I took the kids to the bus stop this morning....

It's finally fall!! [​IMG]

8. BlueDevilGirl67

BlueDevilGirl67 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 30, 2007
    Central NC
    Even though it is only going to be in the mid 50's here today, I still had to talk my now 9yo DD into wearing something long on her legs to school. She is hot-natured like her daddy who thinks it is not cold until is 20 degrees outside. He has been around Polar Bears in the USCG so he knows what cold is and laughs at me when I am ready to put on a coat.

9. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    It was 32 here this morning, supposed to be about 28 to 30 tonight.

The weather finally fits the season!!

10. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Give it another month or so, and all the posts on this site will be complaints about how freakin cold it is and where's Spring? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by