Its finally happened! Silkies! =D PICTURES

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by StrawberryHouseMouse, Apr 5, 2009.

1. StrawberryHouseMouse

StrawberryHouseMouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Cleveland, Tennessee
    It likely was harder for me then some others to get ahold of some silkies. I didnt expect to get quality silkies in my budget. But I was surprised in the end to find that Alan Stanford was going to charge me so little for his birds. In the past I had paid up to $78 for a single bird from him. So naturaly I thought I would have to spend something like that again in order to get any from him. I didnt even consider him an option till he called me one night a week or so ago and asked me if I was ready for some silkies [​IMG]
    It had been 3 or 4 years since I have had some silkies, I moved a little over 2 years ago and during the move I lost all my birds when a dog attacked them at my relative's home where I was keeping them till we got a fence put up at our new place. I was discouraged for a long time to get any again cause my heart was broken that I had lost all of them at once. Some of which I raised from little chicks. But I couldnt help it. After a while I decided to get back on the horse and get some more. Unfortuantly at this time they had gone up a lot in price and I was having a harder time finding them.
    I had tried to buy from quite a few people but kept getting told they couldnt ship them to me. I tried to get from local people but not many had what I was looking for or they had none to sell at all for this year. I was about ready to give up and Alan called me. He said he could ship to me but we later found out that he couldnt.
    I was depressed once again. He and I tried to find someone to help transport the silkies and within the end of the week we had done just that. And today I got the silkies that he had sold me (6 started chicks), and 2 extra (1 day olds) that he sneaked in to surprise me with. [​IMG] Here is some pics, please enjoy!

First two are the chicks that are extras. They are really cute. The smaller of the two seems to be a midget I think. Ive had a midget silkie before from Alan. It only lived about 6 months however. I hope this one catches up with the other so it has a long life. Unlike most Midget silkies.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Group picture. (6 started silkies. Splash and blue. )
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Blue silkie
    [​IMG]

A few splashes.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Saved the best for last. Love this little guy's standing poses. Think it will have a great posture. And possibly a rooster.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Awww they are so cute!

3. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Awww, you got some cuties there [​IMG]

4. Quella

Quella Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2008
    [​IMG]
    I'm so jealous!

5. StrawberryHouseMouse

StrawberryHouseMouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Cleveland, Tennessee
    [​IMG]

I have been looking at 2 of them and might have a couple lavenders. I cant find any splotches on 2 of the splash chicks. I will have to take more photos later and see if someone can determine that for me. It would be awesome if I did.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  6. RoosterRehab97

RoosterRehab97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats!!![​IMG]

7. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    They are too cute!

8. lil'chickies

lil'chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    West Texas
    Congrats on beautiful babies!! Why can't people ship to you?? I'm just curious.

9. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

They'll get splashes later on. There aren't any lavenders in that bunch.

10. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I love them!! They are gorgeous!! COngrats!! They look happy in their new home!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by