It's finally Saturday!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gumpsgirl, Apr 19, 2008.

1. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I can't believe that I am up this early on a Saturday morning! I have really been up since 5:45. [​IMG] I am trying to get things done before my DH gets home from work (he works 24 hr. shifts at the fire dept.) so we can get the coop finished!!! I want to be done with it sooooo bad! You know this whole chicken business is terrible when you are as excited to finish a coop as you are on Christmas morning! [​IMG]

Get this... I placed an order for some grass plugs back in March. We have waited and waited for them to come. Well, they came yesterday, of course. [​IMG] Now, we have to do that BEFORE we can work on the coop. That is really why I have been up so early. I am watering the ground outside, so it will be softer to get those grass plugs in. THEN we can get going on the coop! Can't wait! I will post pics when finished. (With the coop that is. Who cares about the darn grass?!?!)

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Quote:Awwwww, Grass has feelings too!![​IMG]
    Sounds like you have a full day planned....enjoy. I wish for you great weather, and very cooperative hand tools! [​IMG]
    Can't waite to see the pics. ( of the coop) [​IMG]

3. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Oh I can relate - I have orders coming from several nurseries and one came in the day before yesterday - while i was out of town. I came home and my family is like - some trees came.

They never even unpacked them. So yesterday, in between a training trip to a feed lot 2 hours a way and having to go to hunter education until 10 pm - I planted the blackberry bush in the back. 5 minutes later I saw one of the dogs running away with it in his mouth! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

So I replanted it in the front yard.

Do you think ANYONE else could have helped? Sheesh.

So, sorry for my rant - it is Saturday but I have to spend the entire day in hunter education. [​IMG]

Can't wait to see your coop though! LOL... [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    I cant work on coop anymore til after my bday party when we have the money to buy wood to finish the doors. We used all the scraps we could find around the farm.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by