It's Funny To Watch- Just Hope He's Ok

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Mak, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Mak

Mak Songster

Dec 12, 2009
    Londonderry, NH
    So my 10 week old WC Polish roo, Monty, has made some soft crowing noises for a bit now, and once or twice, I'm sure I heard an attempt at a real crow. Sounded more like a rusty door hinge than a rooster, but I figured he's finding his voice. Now, he struts around the pen, stretches up as tall as he can, wings back, neck stretched out, give the bounce-bounce as he opens his beak really wide- and NOTHING comes out! Not a hoarse little croak, not a cluck sound, not a peep. Silence! It's hysterical to see, but please just tell me this is normal. I have no problem with having a quiet rooster. But being new to this chicken thing, I just want some reassurance that he isn't having some sort of problem.

2. buzymom13

buzymom13 I run the Alien Chicken Asylum

Apr 20, 2010
    [​IMG]

I am fairly new myself but I think it's normal. I have a couple roos and they are hilarious to watch crow. My 19wk old EE roo has not quite gotten his crow down. He sorta starts out great and loses it towards the end. My silkie roo puts his whole body and soul into it and always looks like he'll collapse from pure exhaustion when he's done.

So funny!

My kids tell the EE to "get his crow on"...LOL [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by