1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

It's go time

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Thejperez, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Thejperez

Thejperez Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2014
    Georgetown, FLORIDA
    My EE /Dominique hen, elli, has a knack for finding ways out of her pen. She was getting out just about every day and couldn't find the place she got out of. She disappeared three weeks ago. I found her two weeks ago.... having a broody attack. She has elven eggs under her. And now they're hatching! :D
    This one is kinda worrying with the dot of blood and all. Elli probably shifted and broke some of the shell and broke a blood vessel.
    [​IMG]
    A pip
    [​IMG]
    Elli drinking
    [​IMG]

I'm not currently living were the chickens are so I am here twildin' my thumbs. Its hard waiting to go back later. Wish elli luck!

2. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Chicken Obsessed

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    My lil dom gal hatched 6 babies late this summer. They're now bigger than her.

3. Thejperez

Thejperez Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2014
    Georgetown, FLORIDA
    Nine of the eggs have piped! when I moved her earlier she just sat there quietly while I checked the eggs. Now I have to start baby proofing a pen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by