its green....

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by smom1976, Nov 7, 2008.

1. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    I have been hearing all kinds of stories of EE's that their eggs are not green.. and I got my first green egg today.. I know who because I only have one EE>. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    My EE and EE/BA crosses have all laid green eggs. The crosses laid olive eggs.

3. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

EE are mutts so they can lay any color of egg. My EE is laying green [​IMG] but my last one didn't she laid brown :thun

4. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    i have two Ameraucana/Australorp crosses. the bearded one lays brown and the unbearded lays olive green. so pretty!

5. Maryallison77

Maryallison77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Fountain, Florida
    I hope to have some EEs by next year that are laying. Right now my japanesse bantam is broody and sitting on 7 ee eggs that I bought off e-bay! I want green eggs too!

6. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    I was so thinking it was going to be brown.. but she pulled through [​IMG]

7. WA23

WA23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2008
    Northwest WA State
    I was just going to ask about this same topic. Glad I did a search first.

Today, I just got my first egg. I am 90% sure it came from my EE. It was light brown.:eek:

So, either I am wrong about which bird it came from, or the EE is so much of a mutt that green/blue is not showing through. I have no idea what type of a mix she is.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by