Its GROWING!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by calgal98, Mar 26, 2009.

1. calgal98

calgal98 Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm new here and enjoying reading lots of the back/current messages. I'm in the middle of a *project* to expand my chicken space. We've had our chickens in a 4x12 enclosed coop with a deep litter system for the last few years. We haven't been able to let them out as our dogs have a huge prey drive. So, I'm building a *ahem* little chicken house which will allow us to free range the out in the pasture without dog access.

Have any of you ever found that your projects evolve? This thing has taken on a life of its own! What was to be a fenced yard has become a full fledged chicken house with covered run. Its currently 8x40 and half is floored. Yikes!! It continues to evolve as I'm building it and I seem to have a big imagination. LOL. I'll post some pics when things get cleaned up a bit! Love my chickens!

2. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    [​IMG]

So you got hooked BEFORE joining! You are in trouble now....

Of course you do realize you have to tell us how many chickens, what breeds, post pics of them, etc., don't you?

[​IMG]

3. jonesgirl

jonesgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Nevada
    Mine has been evolving since the minute I put it up!!! I now am starting to expand even more to accomodate more chicks!!!

I would love to see pics!!!

4. Boyson

Boyson New Egg

Mar 25, 2009
    Central California
    LOL I've been watching and reading these message boards for about 2 weeks now. Doing research so my wife's ideas can come to life. We get to have chickens! WOOHOO!!
    My plans have changed and expanded so many times I lost count. My coop isn't even started yet!! Can't wait to welcome our new feathered friends to their new home [​IMG]

Jason

5. n-da-woods

n-da-woods Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    North Carolina
    Welcome to BYC. [​IMG]

6. calgal98

calgal98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Yikes! A feedstore, not too far away, had Cuckoo Marans, Welsummer's and Aracauna's--all at the same time! Now I HAVE to get the evolving coop finished![​IMG] 16 chicks inhabiting my tack/feed room, with 25 coming in a month.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by