ITS HAPPEND SHE HAS STARTED LAYING!!!!!!

foulman007

Songster
9 Years
Dec 29, 2010
Columbia SC
I have been checking my fields every day for the last month digging in leaves looking under bushes. Its has been raining here for the last 4 days . Not wanting to get wet or muddy I failed to do my daily search. On the hil lin the far back corner of my wooded pen I saw a bit of the most beautiful green. very well hidden I found an egg ! and less than 2 feet away was another. sneaky devils have been laying far away from their nghtly sleeping area.
egg number one weighs 563 grams.
egg number two was 620 grams.

over 2 months later than most of y'all and almost a full month later than last year.

I have been checking my fields every day for the last month digging in leaves looking under bushes. Its has been raining here for the last 4 days . Not wanting to get wet or muddy I failed to do my daily search. On the hil lin the far back corner of my wooded pen I saw a bit of the most beautiful green. very well hidden I found an egg ! and less than 2 feet away was another. sneaky devils have been laying far away from their nghtly sleeping area.
egg number one weighs 563 grams.
egg number two was 620 grams.

over 2 months later than most of y'all and almost a full month later than last year.
Are you collecting them or are you going to let them hatch them on their own?

I tried to let them hatch out some last year at the end of the season and it was not good .2 eggs burst in the nest and they were very warm and frothy. out of 8 eggs 2 hatched one died from an infection the other was healthy.
I may let them try again at the end of the season . If I let the male set mating will stop and fertility will drop off and then egg laying will stop. I hope to have a season like last year and get 20+ babies.

Good luck Foulman!
yesss.gif

Back
Top Bottom