It's happened...I wouldn't have believed it...I'm nuts about the girls

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by GlacierNan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. GlacierNan

GlacierNan Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2008
    Colorado
    My friends would think you were telling stories if someone told them I really really like these chickens!

I was up on the deck looking over into their run,
    they came running since I often throw treats to them from up top. They turn their heads to look at me and the ducks quack and quack to me. Ithink they they are sweet talking me hoping it will increase the amount tossed down to them. But if they hear me go out the other side of the house they talk to me too, so I just don't know.
    Anyhow, I was just on the deck and I threw some feed down, all but 2 RIR's come running. I waited and waited but they didn't come out of the coop.
    Sooo I go outside and down the hill to the coop.
    I opened the door and there they are happy as campers on the roost. I had to smilebecause I was so relieved to see those 2 darn teenage chickens!
    Did I mention it was raining? And there is snow due any minute? And I couldn't find my coat so I was in short sleeves? Did I mention it was cold and wet?

I really really like those girls! When did that happen?

2. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

LOL nan! It kinda sneaks up on ya, doesn't it? [​IMG]

3. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Whew! what a relief. I was wondering where 2 of my youngsters were today and then I saw them stuck in the garden unable to get out. It's always such a relief! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. moodusnewchick

moodusnewchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2008
    CT
    Yeah, I remember the days when my chickens were simply food producers and planned future food. Now I run home from social events to make sure they're tucked in safely AND I can't imagine eating my layers!

5. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Now I run home from social events to make sure they're tucked in safely AND I can't imagine eating my layers!

and I thought I was the only crazy chicken person who would do this. My friends are now planning events based on when the sun sets so I can attend. [​IMG]

6. GlacierNan

GlacierNan Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Oh No!

It sounds like I am just a few feet inside the door of chicken madness [​IMG]
    Just make sure you ahead of me leave the lights on for me..

7. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Quote:Nope... you've already been sucked in! [​IMG]

Happens to all of us.

8. HenniePennie

HenniePennie Out Of The Brooder

Jul 16, 2007
    Oregon
    well, I guess I am in good company cuz I'd much rather sit on the deck and watch my girls than watch Jeopardy or Wheel any more. [​IMG]
    I gave my white silky, Frenchie, a couple aracanas chicks nearly 2 months ago & wow what an education. I had never seen how a mamma chicken raised her brood.

I am just plain head over heels for my girls!!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  9. tropicalchicken

tropicalchicken Out Of The Brooder

Jun 24, 2008
    Washington
    It really is funny. I was so worried when I got mine, would I be able to tolerate them and take good care of them? I absolutely love these guys, and each one has a personality, and they all chatter to me in chicken talk when I go out to see them. They have truly made more joy in my life. Plus they are so happy and healthy. What a wonderful addition to our family.[​IMG]

Carole

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by