Its happening this weekend!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Cockle-Dood, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Cockle-Dood

Cockle-Dood Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2012
    New Waverly, TX
    So after months of preparation and browsing these forums and learning as much as i possibly can[​IMG], ive decided to bite the bullet and get some chicks to start a flock. I am going by my Local TSC this evening after work and checking out their stock to determine who my starters will be.

Starting small...im still kinda nervous but excited at the same time! would like about 5-6 hens and roo and primarily for laying purposes to start. An ideal situation would be a blend of ausies, PBR and maybe some new hampshires...at least i could make some sex links when i wanna expand my flock some! Again all the could change depending on my option...[​IMG]

Just wanted to shout out to the BYC community and say thanks for getting me to a point to get the endevor under-way, whether directly or indirectly, thank you all![​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kalson

kalson Out Of The Brooder

Feb 14, 2013
    Spring, TX
    We picked up 6 from our TSC yesterday. Good luck!

3. Manda07

Manda07 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 21, 2012
    We just got our 4 today. I was the same way, I have been on here for a few months learning and browsing and now we have our babies home. They are so cute and we are so excited to care for them and watch them grow and lay eggs hopefully this summer :) BYC is the best site out there...so much great info and great people.

4. dan2

dan2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    I bought 10 black giants and 10 rhode island reds from tsc Monday. They are looking great and growing like grass.

5. PoultryGirly

PoultryGirly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2012
    Dd you get your babies?

6. Cockle-Dood

Nov 23, 2012
    New Waverly, TX
    Took a spin by TSC this evening, all they had were california whites and production reds. So didnt buy any yet...yet being the key word.

I am gonna call a few other feed stores to weigh my options...really want a pure breed vs a hybrid, but if thats what i can get then so be it...i will be a chicken owner come sunday gosh-darnitt!

7. Cockle-Dood

Nov 23, 2012
    New Waverly, TX
    10 new babies are at home now! got 3 barr'd rocks (Funk, Disco, and Raggae); 3 Black Australorpes (Names TBD); 2 americaunas ( Bonnie & Clyde); and 2 silkies (Name TBD). Look forward to Posting some pics!

8. Manda07

Manda07 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 21, 2012
    Can't wait to see some pics. Ours will be a week old tomorrow and I can't believe how fast they are growing!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by