1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Its like a sonogram all over again

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by sirhc76, May 20, 2011.

1. sirhc76

sirhc76 In the Brooder

Apr 30, 2011
    Boy or girl [​IMG] I'm thinking that out of my 3 GLW and 3 Partridge I have 3 roosters and 3 pullets, hope I'm wrong so I'm looking for some help. The Wyandotte should all be right at 6 weeks if the feed store gave me accurate info. The other one, still unsure of breed, should be right at 4. I've had them all for right at 3 weeks now. Today I put them in the new coop for a night run since the temps should be nice tonight. The top is off of the feeder since I was about to dump it and let them scratch around in it prior. Pics aren't great, I was working off of flash and it was almost dark.

Thanks in advance.

This one is looking a little iffy in appearance and actions.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is a pic of all three GLW
    [​IMG]

Two that I'm on the fence about
    [​IMG]

2. latebloomer

latebloomer Songster

Feb 10, 2011
    green mountain state
    beautiful coloring

3. LittleChickenLady

LittleChickenLady Songster

Mar 4, 2011
    Clanton, Alabama
    Look like pullets to me. [​IMG]

4. PeakyBeaky

PeakyBeaky Songster

Sep 27, 2010
    Bellefonte, PA
    So they are 6 weeks old? So far they look like pullets, but in the one photo the one on the left has a redder, thicker comb-hard to say, since they are not show quality. Give them another 2 weeks.

5. sirhc76

sirhc76 In the Brooder

Apr 30, 2011
    Thanks for the replies. I want to get a few SLW and I think Ill be looking for show quality birds at that point.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by