It's littering. I don't care what you call it.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by JennsPeeps, Jun 21, 2009.

1. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    If you come to my home and leave a pamphlet, it's littering. Your paper is unwanted here. I don't care about your church services, election, roofing offers, pizza deals, or lawnmowing business.

Maybe you noticed when you were standing on my porch that the front of my house is quite breezy. That means that the leaflet you will attach to my front door will get blown into my yard and garden, and I'll have to get on my hands and knees to find it under the rhodendron.

Stay off my porch and take your litter with you. I. Do. Not. Want. It.

While I'm on the topic of my front yard, please don't let you dog poop on my yard or permit your kids to drop their candy bar wrappers in my stairs. If I wanted either of these things, I'd put signs out to let you know.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. LOL I hear you. I live on a busy street and people actually throw trash in my yard as they drive by. Disgusting.

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap

[​IMG]

4. KittyKelly

KittyKelly Songster

May 6, 2009
    Central KY
    The thing that gets me the most is when I go out to my car after being in the grocery store, load all my groceries, get in my car, start it up and go to drive off and then I have to throw it back in park because there is a STUPID FLYER underneath my windsheild wiper obstructing my view! [​IMG]

5. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I feel your pain. We are constantly finding litter in our yard and flyers on our doorknob. Today we found the keys from a computer keyboard scattered all across our driveway. What the heck is that?

6. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    I used to be friends with a younger girl who littered. She and her sister would just throw their fast food or cigarette wrappers out into the parking lot. It drove me CRAZY!! I was always harping on her, and told her in no uncertain terms NOT to do it from my car. On her birthday, she was at it again. I got really ticked and said " You are not a pig. Don't act like one!
    She of course was very hurt by this, but I didn't care. She was later stopped by a cop in my little town and thoroughly chewed out for littering [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  7. KittyKelly

KittyKelly Songster

May 6, 2009
    Central KY
    There was a kid who threw an empty bottle out of a school bus window and got in DEEP DOO DOO after a cop pulled the bus over!

8. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    My daughter would throw anything out the car window. Drove me nuts. When she gets in my car she knows not to toss anything out the window. I taught my grandson not to do it either. My car is a mess but the roadways are a little less littered for it. My DH is bad about leaving his Coke cans in the yard and my grandsons will just drop their candy wrappers or popsicle wrappers where ever they finish them at. I am constantly picking up after the guys. I just don't understand why they cna't walk up to one of the several garbage cans around our yard and drop it in. My DH will toss his Coke cans in the back of his truck and scoop them out and into the garbage cans. At lease he don't litter the roadways with them. He drinks alot of Coke too, about a case a week or more.

9. Dread Pirate Roberts

Dread Pirate Roberts Songster

Jan 20, 2009
    NorCal
    I love it when the lawn mowing companies just drive by and toss a flier inside a little plastic baggy with a rock in it.

10. Rillion

Rillion Songster

Jun 8, 2009
    Texas
    (deleted)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: