It's making me sad...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by yearofthedog, Jun 18, 2007.

1. yearofthedog

yearofthedog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    I love this forum, but all the chicken loss stories are making me so sad...[​IMG]

2. silkhope

silkhope Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    Pittsboro, NC
    Me too... it's an epidemic here lately. [​IMG]

3. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    I noticed too that there have been a lot of deaths lately. Including my own Sgt Major Bok Bok. [​IMG] I personally put my chicky's story on this site because the majority of people I told thought that I was crazy for being upset that my chicken was killed. Everyone on this site knows what everyone else feels about their chickens and that's why we want to share our stories here.

It sucks when our chickens die and it sucks to read about other people's chickens too, but we all have our little chicken support group here and I'm happy about that.

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

It does seem there have been so many deaths lately. [​IMG] It is so very sad to read the posts, but just knowing a kind word is out there from so many other chicken lovers, helps heal.

5. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    It is sad, but aas SouthernChick says, this is one of the few places where people understand why we are sad!

6. thechickenwhisperer

thechickenwhisperer Out Of The Brooder

Yes, sad. But I am grateful to be able to learn to prevent future attacks. The info provided on this site in awesome!

I lost some of my own and am learning protective measures from others here. seems like the biggest death cause is a predator vs death from disease.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by