It's "Mischief" night...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by LilBizzy, Oct 30, 2008.

1. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    Do you sit up and protect your house(and chickens) from Tp'ing Soap wielding pranksters?
    Do you send your kids out with fresh eggs?

whats the worst that ever happened to you on mischief night?

For me, no, no, and nothing. We've never been mischiefed. And I never went out on mischief night.

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Nothing happens... people are scared to come up our drive way even if they knew it was there. Most don't trick or treat along the highways.

However, funniest story was from a friend trick or treating...

Friend to lady: That's some really good looking fake poop on the driveway.
    Lady: What poop?
    :eek:

3. Dustoff79

Dustoff79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    fortunately we don't have mischief night down here, when I lived up in PA, the normal thing was soaping of the windows, however we did get our mailbox blown up with a M-80, not the kind you can buy now the kind used to blow up stumps. I do not miss those nights.

4. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] Never heard of it, but gosh that sounds like fun. We're too far away - nobody even comes to "trick or treat"

5. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Not now, too many people cause damage. As a kid in NJ we used to go out and soap windows and toss rolls of TP into peoples trees and stuff like that. Maybe ring a doorbell or two and run away.

Thing was, the next day on the way to school, you would always help clean up the mess that was left behind.

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Never heard of it-is this different than just trick or treat night?

7. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    When we lived in the city 16 to 18 yr olds would trick or treat then after filling their bags full of candy they would smash our pumpkins all over our front lawn. Since we have lived out in the boonies everythings been great, we get about 20-30 cute lil trick or treaters with such nice manners saying "trick or treat please" and thank you after we give them a treat

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Thank goodness I live in the middle of nowhere behind a gated driveway, keep the house lights off, and nobody comes down here in the dark.

9. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    we just had a car full of kids steal my neighbors political signs.

i yelled to them and they just kept taking them.

my hubby chased them down and caught them stealing more.

they DENIED it while they were holding them in the backseat. BRILLIANT.

the cops are supposed to be here anytime to take a report. my daughter got their license number and my husband got the signs back. (you know, the ones they didn't have...)[​IMG]

we wouldn't care so much if they were playing pranks, but stealing is a whole other issue.

10. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    The people in our town dont try to hit us but they hit other peoples houses. They know that if they did I will seek revenge and its not a good outcome.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by