It's no coop it's a palace

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by suzeqf, May 6, 2011.

1. suzeqf

suzeqf Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    My hubby has started building the coop and at first we were going to put it under a tree but after 30 inches of rain under the tree wasn't such a good idea because we found out that when it rains that's where all the water goes so the run would be a major muddy mess so anywho we decided to move the location to behind the shop/garage and he decided to make it a smidge bigger it's going to be 16x8 with an 8ft ceiling and he's making it out of all pressure treated lumber so far he's got the floor and 3 walls done it's been hard to take pics of it since he's done most of the work on it while i've been at work so i'm hoping i can get a pic of his progress tonight. He's even going to put a porch on it so we can hang out and watch chicken tv and he's going to put 2 doors and 3 windows in it and a work bench and a storage shelf in to so i can keep all my chick stuff handy and since it's going to have a taller ceiling i'm going to be able to use the roost/ladder my grandfather built for his chickens many years ago and we are going to incorperate pieces of the old barn as well. my chicks are goiing to be very happy in their new home, i told my hubby i knew it would be well built but i never dreamed it would be this nice

2. BeccaOH

BeccaOH Morning Gem Farm

Oct 3, 2008
    east central Ohio
    Sounds like your husband is having fun with the project. Build it as big as possible since you'll probably develop a "need" to have more than planned. I sure did.

Post pictures! [​IMG]

3. diggergal

diggergal Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    Illinois
    Would love to see photos.

4. Kudzu

Kudzu Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2011
    You need to give your husband special treats.[​IMG]

5. OkChickens

OkChickens Orpingtons Are Us

Dec 1, 2010
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    Keep is going!!! Pictures would be awesome! Congrats on the almost done coop!

Nate

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by