It's not that I'm dishonest, but...

joebryant

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 28, 2008
SW of Greenwood, INDIANA
It crossed my mind that it might be possible to shut this laptop off, turn it on, and see if I could vote for Anne again. She's so close to second place and gaining on first place, but...
Well, anyway, it didn't work. Not that I would have done such a thing...
Does anyone here ever accidently end up posting twice or more a day from the same computer?

I bet you could do it if you plugged in at a different IP. Such as at school, at work, the library, a friends house, or some sucker without a secured wireless network.
tongue.png

It goes by IP address.

Some service providers force different IP addresses on their users periodically to try to keep people from running servers from their homes, and to cut back on peer-to-peer serving. There are people who have been posting here that they've been able to vote from the same home computer every few hours, so that's probably due to this sort of address scheme some providers use.

If your service provider uses DHCP (protocol used to assign an IP address upon demand to a client system), you may be able to obtain an IP address by using the IP /release and IP /renew commands. I haven't been able to try this at home; we've got a business IP service that gives us fixed addresses for our servers.

I know that a few times when I've come back to BYC and then gone back immediatly it's let me vote twice, but it doesn't let me do that everytime. I have a satallite internet service, I don't know if that makes a difference.
roll.png
If it does than maybe I shouldn't hate it so much after all!

I work doing pediatric home health care, so when I'm at work I bring my laptop and "catch" what ever internet connection I can get. Last night I got 2 different ones from the house I was at, twice again before I left, 2 different ones from my street at the end of my drive, then once again when I got in my house. ........ nope no accidents here. LOL

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom