Its now March and last September I was going to start my coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by djackjr, Mar 25, 2009.

1. djackjr

djackjr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Graham Wa.
    In other words I have not started yet. [​IMG]

Oh I did put the posts in ground for the run, still have to finish that too!!! sigh.. [​IMG]

So today I ordered a new barn style shed, [​IMG] , Once it is build on site by the company (ok I am lazy I admit it [​IMG]) I can move stuff out of the old one and build the coop!!!! then order eggs or chickens hmmm need RIR..... [​IMG]

2. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    Sure hope the delivery of the new shed arrives quickly! Now get out there and start emptying the old shed pronto! [​IMG]

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Get to work, you'll be glad you did.

4. hungryhensfarm

hungryhensfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Alabama
    I have spent the last two weeks moving to a new home. I have had to leave my chickens at

my old place temporarily. My husbands family lives next door to the old place so they are

keeping an eye on them for me until I can move them to my new home. I work full time as

well, so it is left to my dh and my son to build a new coop here. They have not been in any

hurry to build as of yet so I placed an order for 11 ameraucanas. They have a bee in their

bonnets now. Of course, I haven't told them yet that the new chicks won't be here until the

first week in May. But if it were just me. I would order a storage shed to use as a coop just

because I'm not the builder type. I wish you much success in building yours.

5. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    We built out first coop. The second one I bought a shed at a shed place that was going out of business and converted it. I have been planning on building another coop, but instead I think I'll put an addition on my existing one.

6. flopshot

flopshot Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    sometimes it's hard to get going. i've been working on mine for six weeks. the time change helped but so far it's rained every weekend i had off and it's looking like this weekend will be a washout too. of course, every other weekend that i do work it been great weather. [​IMG]

7. Schroeder

Schroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2008
    Central Indiana
    My Coop
    I started on mine last September and just finished it. Although it turned out great, if I had it to do over again I think I would buy a minibarn and convert it. Every little latch, wire, etc. adds $$ up fast. The price on the prebuilts seemed high at first, but the more I spent on my own creation, the cheaper the prebuilt seemed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by