Its now March and last September I was going to start my coop

djackjr

Songster
11 Years
Sep 24, 2008
Graham Wa.
In other words I have not started yet.
he.gif

Oh I did put the posts in ground for the run, still have to finish that too!!! sigh..
he.gif

So today I ordered a new barn style shed,
big_smile.png
, Once it is build on site by the company (ok I am lazy I admit it
tongue.png
) I can move stuff out of the old one and build the coop!!!! then order eggs or chickens hmmm need RIR.....
smile.png

I have spent the last two weeks moving to a new home. I have had to leave my chickens at

my old place temporarily. My husbands family lives next door to the old place so they are

keeping an eye on them for me until I can move them to my new home. I work full time as

well, so it is left to my dh and my son to build a new coop here. They have not been in any

hurry to build as of yet so I placed an order for 11 ameraucanas. They have a bee in their

bonnets now. Of course, I haven't told them yet that the new chicks won't be here until the

first week in May. But if it were just me. I would order a storage shed to use as a coop just

because I'm not the builder type. I wish you much success in building yours.

We built out first coop. The second one I bought a shed at a shed place that was going out of business and converted it. I have been planning on building another coop, but instead I think I'll put an addition on my existing one.

sometimes it's hard to get going. i've been working on mine for six weeks. the time change helped but so far it's rained every weekend i had off and it's looking like this weekend will be a washout too. of course, every other weekend that i do work it been great weather.
lol.png

I started on mine last September and just finished it. Although it turned out great, if I had it to do over again I think I would buy a minibarn and convert it. Every little latch, wire, etc. adds $$ up fast. The price on the prebuilts seemed high at first, but the more I spent on my own creation, the cheaper the prebuilt seemed.

Back
Top Bottom