1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

It's official: I am a dork!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by HenHaven, Feb 28, 2008.

1. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    This is almost too embarrassing to tell, but I just have to share. Today, I decided to put up a chicken wire partition in my coop, so I can eventually add in some new girls, and keep them separated for awhile. The coop has two doors. I opened one door, went inside to assess the situation and decided exactly how I was going to attach the wire.

I got busy nailing up the wire--stood back and admired my work, gathered up my tools and thought, "Uh, oh!" I HAD SEALED MYSELF IN THE SIDE WITH THE LOCKED DOOR!!! [​IMG]

It posed an interesting predicament to say the least. I didn't want to take down my labor intensive partition, so I put on my thinking cap (yeah, I forgot to put it on when I started). I ripped off the lid to the nail carton, slipped it through the crack between the door and the doorjam, and was able to lift the hook of the lock from inside!

Yep, it was just another day in Dorkville........[​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

LOL, are you sure we aren't blood kin???! [​IMG]

3. mario2girls

mario2girls Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2007
    good thing it wasnt morter and bricks,,,,lol

4. arwmommy

arwmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] That was great! Well, you are certainly resourceful when locked up!

5. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    I find myself in situations like that from time to time...and inevitably that is when the phone rings or your folks show up at the front door and have to help you out, and of course they question you on how you get through life on your own. lol

6. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    That is hilarious...and exactly something I would do!!!! I'm so glad I've found my long lost twin, lol!!! [​IMG]

7. Yogiman

Yogiman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    South Louisiana
    Now that's a good one. [​IMG] But you know what? Life is good when you can laugh at your own self. [​IMG]

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Chillin' With My Peeps

Did you find yourself looking around to see if anyone had seen you? I got locked into a bathroom once, it was sooo embarrassing!

9. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    ....I am just hoping the chickens didn't see how I opened the door! [​IMG]

10. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    That was a good one Lynn! Had it been me, I would probably be locked in, have no way to unlock, and be lamenting the great big cup of coffee I drank before I entered dorkdom.
    JJ

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by