Its Official, I am tired of living in the city.

WyandotteTX

Songster
10 Years
Jan 10, 2010
For most of my life I have lived on or near our farm. Even when I moved off I lived in a rural area with a big yard, not too many neighbors etc.
Well for the last 5 years I have lived in a large suburb of Austin, TX. We have a nice house in a nice area with anything we need within 5 minutes drive. BUT, I have neighbors on both sides with their houses close enough that I could spit on them. We have a HOA and cant do anything to our houses or yards without approval from them. Have lots of neighbors but none of them are real friendly either. For most of my life I could walk out the door and find something to do, like cut brush or clean up or do something because you know there is always stuff to do on the farm. But now, I do not have that outlet and find myself watching too much tv because of lack of anything better to do. There is only so much yard work etc you can do with my small yard.
Anyways, just missing the outlet and activity of being on a farm or out in the country.

build an air cannon and shoot random fluffy toys into the air with a parachute attached and float them around the neighborhood

I posted!
wink.png

I've never lived on a farm, or anywhere near the country for that matter. I've grown up in various cities all my life... it's kind of an eye-opener when I go for vacation in the country where the nearest house will be miles away. Makes the world seem a whole lot larger in some way.

Teach, I like that idea. I have had the thought of bringing down our old 1944 John deere H so I can restore in in the garage just for the sole purpose of driving it around the neighborhood when I get done!
smile.png

If I could figure out a way to make a living and keep my wife from leaving me I would move back to our farm. It needs my help badly with my father turning 70 this year and I would love every minute of being there but at 40 I have to figure out where to make sacrifices for the good of my two girls, because I think they would be less than thrilled to move there.

I hate the city! you cant see the stars and you cant have what you want in the way of livestock...Its so noisy and I love the quiet. If one more vehicle comes roaring up into our court with Bass booming I will get a gun and shoot it!

You could get you some crime scene tape and go around at night and tape off folks yards and spray paint an outline of a body in the middle of it

you know how folks will raise money by putting a toilet in folks yards...you could just put toilets in folk's yards with numbers of other neighbors on it!

I couldn't agree more
sad.png
I hate living in "town" We live on a 1/4 acre plot in a tiny town surrounded by farms. We just bought this one because it was too good to pass up and we were tired of renting. Hoping to build equity and then sell and move to our dream house. Its horrible I hate having neighbors on all sides.

where i live they use to be tons of land most of it was my older failmy now some football player wants to buy my grandpa's land and i now live in a super busy road and constal and it makes me mad
he.gif
we all ready have 2 gas stallions we don't need a 3rd 4th or a 5th but i still ride on my grandpa tractor
tongue2.gif

Back
Top Bottom