its official! I need to go back to work!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Dar, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    I need to go back to work!

I am off on compassion leave right now... and in this time I have re-trained my dogs NOT to use a pee pad... they are big girls now and go outside...

I have taught my min pin Ginger to play fetch and am working on flyball with her...

and I have taught her to collect the eggs [​IMG]

she will follow me to the coop.. wait patiently for me to go in first she will sit right beside the nest box and wait for me to give her a bantam egg and then she takes off like mad for the door to the house she will set the egg down on the dirt by the door and wait for me to open the door, she will then pick her egg back up and put it on the couch where I take it from her. she has yet to break an egg or chase a chicken while in the coop.

yep its official I have to much time on my hands

this is Ginger my 5lb Min Pin
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  2. Jloeffler

Jloeffler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Northeast NC
    [​IMG]. And here I can't even manage to train my dog not to lick! Maybe I can send her to you?? [​IMG]

3. Love my Critters!

Love my Critters! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Carlsbad, NM
    [​IMG] Awww, yay for Ginger and you. I wish my dogs were that well behaved. After staying at home with each of my children for their first year of life, I knew it was time to go back to work when my husband caught me cleaning the kitchen floor with a toothbrush! Ha Ha Great job with training your adorable dog!

4. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    Oh please dont misunderstand!!!!! my other dogs are not trained like Ginger... she just picks on stuff really FAST... i'm still trying to get her sister to come when called... Ginger is just amazing!

5. jojo@rolling acres farm

[email protected] acres farm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    Nebraska
    Awesome Dog - patient owner! You can see how eager to please she is...look at those eyes!

Joni

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [email protected] acres farm :

Awesome Dog - patient owner! You can see how eager to please she is...look at those eyes!

Joni

x2!
    Whats compassion leave, Dar? We dont have that here in the US..​

7. Gladys Rabbit

Gladys Rabbit Out Of The Brooder

Aug 3, 2011
    California Coast
    That is a very sincere-looking dog!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by