It's official, I'm addicted

Marc33

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jan 26, 2007
Yes, I'm addicted to it now. We got our 45 from MM 2 weeks ago, and I then went out for feed sunday and ended up bringing home 2 buff laced polish chicks! Yikes!! I loved seeing the look from my daughter when I brought them in. There is actually a funny story to this. I got them set up in a rubbermaid container on the kitchen counter with two small plywood lids. The lids were not put back on after a feeding and the cat grabbed one and took him out to play with. By the time i got to him, I was sure the chick was dead. Needless to say daughter was devastated and crying. I looked himover and he was out, but breathing fast. I was ready to put him out and decided to try to let him live. Well, he made and is recovering well with the new name of Lucky!
jumpy.gif
I'll send a pic soon!

I'm glad the chick is recovering!! ..it's always bothered me how cats attack birds like that needlessly..ah well, thats life.

have fun with ur new chicks!

You know its kinda funny, I had my chickens, and got some mice and rats in the barn, so I got some barn kitties. And now, Jack (the rooster) has included him in his flock. He will protect them as well as the hens. (but of course he steals their food too) But they all get along. Now my house cats, thats another story. They avoid the barn now.

Back
Top Bottom