It's official. I'm moving to Arkansas!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Moonwalker, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Moonwalker

Moonwalker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    DH just heard from the realty company. He's putting the deposit on the house tomorrow.

Scrambling to get everything packed up. DH is coming home for our Anniversary on Aug 3rd and he's trying to get a truck lined up so he can take it back when he goes back to work. I will probably follow in a week or so. I will have to get the house cleaned up and repaint the back bedroom where the igs sneezed all over the walls. The drywall got stained, no way to scrub it. At least it will be easier with all the furniture gone.
    Originally, I had planned to move the end of August and send the futon down with him (we have the new house starting Aug 1). SO he would have something to sleep on till I got there with the rest of the stuff. Looks like I'll be the one sleeping on the futon!
    Oh well, at least he will be the one doing the unpacking!

I still have a dog and cat that I am trying to rehome.

Mikey is a beagle mix and needs to have some kids to play with. He misses his old family.

Princess is a white domestic long hair and she loves to sleep on the pillow
    If anyone's interested and lives within an hour or so......

2. chickfillhay

chickfillhay Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2007
    Berlin Nh
    First of all, CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW HOME! [​IMG] I know how exciting that can be! But at the same time I'm sorry about your having to rehome your pets. If I may ask? Why are you leaving your pets behind? I am in no way judging you!

I know when I left for Fl. from Philly I brought my dog and cat. Of course now I have chickens and two more dogs. But when we move. (and we will) they will come with. The new house MUST have a coop!

I do wish you the very best in your new home! [​IMG]

3. Moonwalker

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    I am NOT leaving them behind! If I can't find GOOD homes, they will be coming with. But Mikey (the dog) really should be in a home with kids. I took him in when his family had to give him up and he misses the kids.
    Princess (cat) has decided she doesn't like one of my other cats and constantly fights with him. I can't take the goats because we will be within city limits.
    And I AM taking with me: 2 dogs (well, 1 dog, 1 wolf), 4 cats, 2 ferrets, 2 giant iguanas, a chipmunk, a flying squirrel, a mouse and a Plecostmous!

4. chickfillhay

Dec 31, 2007
    Berlin Nh
    OH MY! It sure looks like you have your hands full!!
    I'm sorry if I sounded at all nasty. That was not my intent. I love everybody here, no matter what. [​IMG]

I really wish I could help. I live in Fl. And I just took in a wonderful basset named Sally. Now known as Sally Patrick O'Mallie.

Anyway, this is a really good forum to rehome your furries. I wish you and princess and Mickey and the goats and ALL THE REST the very best! HAPPY TRAILS!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  5. Moonwalker

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    Nah! I know how it is when you hear about people dumping pets just because they are moving. I've actually been looking for a home for these 2 for a while now. But I'm not going to take them to the pound or put an ad in the paper. Same for the goats. They need more space than I can give them since my landlord changed his mind about letting me fence the yard.

6. chickfillhay

Dec 31, 2007
    Berlin Nh
    I only wish I wasn't so far away from you. I'd take the goats in a heartbeat! How many goats do you have

7. Moonwalker

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    I have 2. Pygmys and I have several people who have said they can take them.

8. chickfillhay

Dec 31, 2007
    Berlin Nh
    Hooray! [​IMG]

9. ninjapoodles

ninjapoodles Sees What You Did There

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    What part of the state will you be in? Welcome!

10. Moonwalker

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    near Little Rock
    and thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by