It's official... I'm selling the magpies UPDATE: New home found!

FenDruadin

Crowing
10 Years
Jul 30, 2009
Charlotte, NC Area
So another runner started laying this morning, so I'm now up to 2 eggs per day per 6 hens. Magpies are supposed to be excellent layers and Holderread is supposed to be the best there is (and color-wise and body-shape-wise that certainly seems to be true), but I'm not impressed with the laying skill of these particular three. They did lay VERY well this Spring. But not at all since.

Anyway, if I can sell these four, I'll be purchasing some silkies to grow out for next spring, and use them to incubate next year. I've always kind of wanted silkies anyway. And this will keep my total number of backyard birds low, which helps keep my husband happy and my hobby in good graces.
smile.png

I did post pictures in the auction section, if you're interested: Magpie Auction

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
URG!!! If I didnt have ducklings coming soon I would have magpies! I want some soooo bad! But by the end of this year I will have .....14 ducks? So no room for more
hit.gif

Quote:
No. Seriously. You do not understand duck math, do you? Let me explain:

3 + 11 = (however many your property can possibly sustain)

You will not be able to stop at 14 anyway, so why not get the breed you've been wanting while you can?
lol.png
Besides, you really need these pretty darlings. I'll send you their baby pictures as part of the deal. I really need the space cause... I've got silkies coming Thursday!

lau.gif

Quote:
Thanks, hee hee. Yup, that's partly why I want silkies. Also, they're pretty. Also, I've heard they're friendly, like a flock of kittens in the backyard. Also, I have room for them. And my husband didn't say no.
lol.png

I told myself when the ducks I have now, or when 5 or 6 die (which I hope doesnt happen soon) I will be bring in some 6 magpies. I love em. And trust me my mom said "no more ducks!" So no more means no more. Lol. But if she would let me they would be mine! Lol. When I move out of mom and dads, I want 6 magpies, 5 rouens, 4 khakis, 5 calls, and 8 welsh harlequin. I want tons! No room her though.

Back
Top Bottom