It's Official! Updated with pics of Roos!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by NewToFarming, Aug 10, 2010.

1. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    I now know I have 4 silkie roos! They were all crowing this morning!!! I was hoping to at least have 1 silkie hen! [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  2. TurkeyMountainChickens

TurkeyMountainChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2009
    Central Virginia
    All roos?! Bummer. But, on the plus side, you now have an excuse to get some more chicks! [​IMG]

3. NewToFarming

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    I know! [​IMG] I might decide to go with some older ones that the sex is already known on them??? So far all of the roo's are getting along OK. Only some minor spats here & there but no real knock down, drag outs. I will keep them all unless they would not get along and then I will have to think about maybe rehoming. [​IMG] But no real issues yet and they just turned 4 months old!!!

4. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:Do you have pictures? Would love to see your pretty lil' dudes! [​IMG]
    They're be okay for awhile, but you will need some hens in there some time. [​IMG]

5. NewToFarming

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    Sure....I will try and get some new pics tomorrow. They are so darn hard to get a good pic because their heads never stay stil [​IMG]
    I do have 24 hens right now with the hopes ojf adding a silkie hen or two. My black splash claimed my new orp hens as his....he just loves them. I also have naked necks, white and brown leghorns, andalusians and EE hens.

6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Can't wait for pics! [​IMG]
    You have a Andalusian Pullet? So do I! Do you like yours? Love mine! [​IMG] [​IMG] I want a whole flock of them!

7. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Here's pictures of two hens Lisa if your interested in them. They are both partridge and in a current molt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:[​IMG] Beautiful Partrdige Silkie Gal's! [​IMG]

9. NewToFarming

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    Hannah,

Yes, of course I would be interested in getting them! [​IMG] How old are they?

10. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:Last November they were around 7-8 months old when I bought them from a breeder in MD. So around 1 1/2 years old and currently laying [​IMG] I'll have to see when I'll be up near Harrisburg again, I'll PM you when I find out my work schedule

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by