Its over

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ilovechickens, Nov 2, 2008.

1. ilovechickens

ilovechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2008
    West Central Wisconsin
    I re candled the eggs tonite and they were all swishy and dark. I opened them and none of them were developed. Two were small mush, and they all had bloody yolks. So I guess she was taking the other eggs as they were laying them close to her and claiming them. If there is another reason please let me know. What I thought was movement was the yolks moving around. So it is her and her chick now. [​IMG] I am glad that I re-checked. The eggs are brown so it is hard to really see everything. Again thanks everyone for helping me. [​IMG]

2. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Im so sorry, that stinks!!!

3. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Is it cold were you are ??? I know that played a reason why my silkies eggs didnt hatch !!

Well, At least she got her one baby !!! She will be very happy with that im sure, would of been nice for the baby to have a buddy so when mama was done being a mama he could hang out with someone, LOL !!! Wow, I am losing it !!!

You could always find some day old chicks in your area and give them to her to raise :::HINT HINT:::

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by