It's probably too early but I'm afraid my girl is a boy! (pic heavy)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Lroach711, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Lroach711

Lroach711 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    Pickens, SC
    I tried my hand at incubating eggs for the first time a couple weeks ago. I only got one BLRW chick out of it. So..of course I had to get a couple friends for my lone chick. I got 2 Black Austrlorps that are supposed to be pullets. I'm not so sure! One grew wing and tail feathers very quickly and the other is way behind on feathering. The one behind on it's feathers is also starting to get a comb. I'm afraid my girl is a boy! They're a little over 2 weeks so I know it's early..just thought I'd get some opinions.

the 2 black australorps together

[​IMG]

chick #1 ( I'm worried she is a he )
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

chick #2
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

chick #3 (BLRW)
    [​IMG]

just for fun here they all are together [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. PeakyBeaky

PeakyBeaky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Bellefonte, PA
    Your BLR (splash variety), looks to have really thick legs...may be a roo. And we think #2 is a roo too.

3. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Most guesses at this age are untrustworthy. At 5 weeks, guesses are much more accurate.

4. jenni22776rn

jenni22776rn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2011
    Central Maine
    Sorry..I would not even dare to guess..but I just had to say how cute they are!! The australorps are so sweet!! I am new to the chick world..what is the BLRW? New to diffrent breeds..but she/he is a very pretty!

5. Lroach711

Lroach711 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    Pickens, SC
    Quote:BLRW = blue laced red wyandotte

Thanks for the responses. I know it's prob way too early..I'll update in a few weeks..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by