It's raining and cold/ Augcember is a pain

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by FluffyColor, Aug 23, 2010.

1. FluffyColor

FluffyColor Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Queens, NY
    It's been raining since yesterday, and we're in the lowest temperatures since June 9th!!!! It feels like December over here. I cheered up by pretending it was snow. It feels like it WAS snow- I even saw something white fall. [​IMG] We probably will see real snow in about a month if this keeps up. And a week ago we were complaining about heat. [​IMG]

2. bella1210

bella1210 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    ct
    Quote:same here it has been raining since yesterday and we have been in the lowest temoeratures since around june too

3. jacyjones

jacyjones Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Aberystwyth, Wales
    Poor you! We are also having rubbish weather in the UK - wet and chilly. We had a really nice May and June but since then it has been cr*p!! I wish summer meant summer and not this poor excuse! Good luck!

4. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    What was your hottest temperature this summer?

We're still in the upper 90s here. Rain? What's rain???

5. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

Its hot and hellish here.

6. FluffyColor

FluffyColor Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Queens, NY
    Quote:About 107. [​IMG]

7. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 Chicken Obsessed

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    its been raining here too, its been really nice this whole summer until yesterday. we drove home from erie, PA (technically harborcreek, visiting family) and it was literally raining the whole time, it s***ed...

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I refuse to complain about the rain or cooler weather. It's the first rain in over a month, and it seems like all of July and most of August was 90+. I'm loving this weather.[​IMG]

9. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    Cool would be so nice. It was 102 here today with 109 heat index. It actually 'hurts' its so hot!

10. TheChickenCameFirst

TheChickenCameFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

I am SOOOOO happy about the rain we are getting! here in NE it has been REEEAAAALLLY hot and dry for almost a month, and I am so thankful my gardens are finally getting a drink! (Besides, I HATE being hot, so cooler weather is welcome in my opinion!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by