It's raining eggs!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by DIMBY, Aug 31, 2010.

1. DIMBY

DIMBY Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    Western Colorado
    If I hadn't seen this, I don't think I would have believed it. I have five new babies and each one are laying or getting ready to lay. The newest baby to start laying did it this monring - but it was hilarious! I was cleaning out wood shavings, freshing up the hen house when I saw this egg fall from above. The newby hen was on her perch and, well, laid her egg. Unfortunately, it landed on wood so it cracked (lucky dogs!), but I'm sure the look on my fact was something to see an egg falling from the sky! (so to speak).

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I guess your babies aren't babies anymore.........Aww shucks. They're big girls now. [​IMG]

3. Chicken Delight

Chicken Delight Out Of The Brooder

Aug 4, 2010
    Utah
    4 of my ladies just started laying their cackleberries. First it was one a day, then two, then three...then two, then one. I was not sure what was happening until I found their new "nest" they had all decided to use in the corner of the yard. Today I got nine eggs:D

For the record, I prefer this to eggs dropping on me.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  4. mmaddie's mom

mmaddie's mom Chillin' With My Peeps

♫♪ Halleluiah, it's raining eggs... ♫♪ [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. WallTenters

WallTenters Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2010
    Sweet Home, OR
    When we moved, our chickens were laying from the roost for the first night and half the morning. We had eggs all over the pasture, eggs in the feeder in the coop (don't ask me how they squeezed their little butts in there, but they did)... It was like an easter egg hunt in the three and under division!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by