IT'S RAINING IN GEORGIA!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by newnanchic, Mar 7, 2008.

1. newnanchic

newnanchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    I am sure that you all know what kind of mess we are in here and it has been raining since about2am!!!! Bring it on baby... show us the rain!!!!!

2. RubberChickenLubber

RubberChickenLubber Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2007
    Newton, NC
    It's the same here in NC. We got a lot of rain Tuesday, and it's starting to rain today. Hopefully it'll keep up throughout the year. I want a garden badly this year. [​IMG]

3. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    It is rainy and cold here in Fayetteville, NC today...yuck!

I want a garden badly this year.

Just wait until our last frost passes before germinating seeds outside or planting those tender seedlings..hurt my feelings last year to have every single thing die from that last March frost and you are farther NC north than me..last week in March get that garden going and by the 4th of July we'll both be eating fresh tomatoes!! [​IMG]

4. newnanchic

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    Fresh tomatoes!!!! yummmoooooohhhhh!!!! I just hope we get enough rain to keep ours alive this yesr. Our pond is full for the first time in 2 years!!! Now maybe our fish can surive the Ga. drought....

5. leslie0815

leslie0815 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Georgia
    My pond if full here to in SE Ga, got my garden tilled gonna plant taters tomorrow....lol

6. newnanchic

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    We have not even plowed yet. But I am starting my tomatoes this weekend in the greenhouse... maybe squash and cukes too!!!

7. RubberChickenLubber

RubberChickenLubber Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2007
    Newton, NC
    We planted sugarsnap peas, onions, and cabbage. We wait until the dogwoods bloom to plant the other stuff. Corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, beans, and plenty others.

8. chickhamm

chickhamm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    RAINNNNN!!!!!!! am loving this rain, i live in GA also and the drought has been soooo bad. I am hopping to get my first little garden started here soon.

chickhamm
    Theressa
    GA

9. newnanchic

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    Well it has stopped raining for now ...hopefully more to come nad now chance of snow flurries tonight??? The dafadiols are already blooming and so are my yellowbeels and the plum tree blooms....Crazy weather!! Please rain more!!!![​IMG]:weee they are doing a chicken rain dance

10. MRNpoultry

MRNpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    Its raining where I am in nc too.
    Our yard and garden might be green this year [​IMG] if my chickens don't eat the garden!
    I think were still 13 1/2 below normal :eek:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by