It's snowing in Florida ~

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by GaNewChick, Jan 9, 2010.

1. GaNewChick

GaNewChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    McDonough, Ga.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Poor oranges ...

2. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    I'm in western West Palm Beach. It's about 40*F, grey & rainy. We're heading out to help set up the poultry tent at our county Fair which begins next Fri, not looking forward to hauling & spreading damp mulch & sand on the floor. Last night the weatherman was saying that the dampness would probably leave our area before the freezing temps move in, so we may not get the flurries predicted. Although there may be a few isolated pockets where the climate will be just right for genuine snow.

I know some folks who intend to drive north far enough to see some Florida snow. I was considering doing just that but don't want to be on the road with a bunch of folks who don't know how to drive well to begin with, let alone know how to drive safely in ice & snow.

I was in Miami in 1977 when we had our last "snow".

3. Preservation Acres

Preservation Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    WOAH! Awesome!

I live in Tennessee, not far from Al Gore's house, and I'm seriously thinking about driving out to it and taking a picture!

Snow's falling nonstop here.

4. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    They're predicting snow flurries in West Palm Beach? [​IMG] This weather is just crazy!

5. Scoop

Scoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Central PA
    There goes the prices of citrus up! [​IMG] Just when I'm trying to eat healthier! [​IMG]

6. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    so much for global warming [​IMG]

7. kdcrws

kdcrws Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    L.C. FL
    I live in the long skinny county that is touching GA right in the middle, Columbia Co. I think their map maybe off. I haven't seen a single flake! It's freezing out, but we didn't even have ice on the cars this morning.

This weather is from El Nino. But global warming will in turn cause a global cooling. When the ice caps melt they dilute the salinity of the ocean and the ocean temps drop which will interrupt the gulf stream and the flow of warm water N, and in turn cause cooler temps and possibly another ice age.... So yes global warming can cause cold weather....

8. Sassymygirl

Sassymygirl Miss Equestrian

Sep 16, 2008
    Carencro, Louisiana
    I'm so happy for yall!! I wish it would come here....It might....

9. Royd

Royd Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    The radar may show it, in the atmosphere, but it's not showing up, on the ground.

10. Hotwings

Hotwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2007
    southwestern Michigan
    Global warming? How about the 2nd coming of the Ice Age LOL!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by