It's snowing in NE La ** 4 pics**

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bayouchica, Mar 7, 2008.

1. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    [​IMG] It's really coming down now!! I'm fixing to take the dogs out for a walk... It's so pretty [​IMG]
    Be looking for pics later on, I'm gonna go play,lol.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2008
  2. chicknmania

chicknmania Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    Here, too! Yippee!!!! We haven't had a really big snowstorm all winter, but this one's supposed to take the cake! Our dog will be happy!

3. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    It's beginning ot look a lot like Christmas.Every where you go. [​IMG]

4. chad76

chad76 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2008
    It didn't last too long here (Monroe, LA)... but it's still more snow than we've had here in YEARS. Unfortunately, I'm at work and can't enjoy it. [​IMG]

5. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    hey yall, well it didn't last too long,but better than nothing. [​IMG]
    Hey there chad76, how nice to see someone from Monroe. I was born & raised there.Bummer you were at work,I figured they would shut the whole city down,lol.
    I think Monroe got more snow than we did.We have another chance of getting a little more tonite. [​IMG]
    Chickens weren't too amused by it all. I couldn't hardly get them to come out in it. I tired to get pics of them, but they were just running for cover. [​IMG]
    Pretty pic of the coop
    [​IMG]

Out on the bayou
    [​IMG]

This is about the middle of our place, my dog Rex in the lower right corner.He wasn't liking it either.
    [​IMG]
    The begging Pekins,lol
    [​IMG]

6. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Pretty!

7. chicknmania

chicknmania Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    We had ten inches on the ground this morning when we woke up...it's now like 14. It's the biggest snowstorm we've had for years! We have a very long driveway and are totally snowed in...we have to rely on the mercy of our neighbor with his snowplow. Stupid me...I get tired of hearing the weather hysteria all the time and this time DIDN't go to the grocery store yesterday....bad mistake! We have wild birds flocking to our feeders in record #'s, and some I have NEVER seen before!!!

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Chillin' With My Peeps

I imagine that snow in the bayou is quite unusual? We are getting rain, so far not near the down pour they claimed, but it is supposed to stay stormy until 9 pm tonight...then the weather guys promised it would shut right down. I'll stand outside and wait!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by