its so addicting..

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Countrypunk92, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Countrypunk92

Countrypunk92 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Portland, tennessee
    I keep adding to my flockXD
    I had 10 pullets, then a cockerol, then a few silkies and a few crosses...then went to an auction and bought 7 silkies( A white, 2 blue, 1 blue splash, 1 black, 2 partridge) for 21 bucks...Now I have 19 chickens and 4 ducks..( Two of the chicks I got from a friend had cocci and died, luckly enough, I got Sulmet and is working like a charm, and yes the other birds are seperated from the infected birds.) also the lady I went with( She has about 50 chickens, and have become good friends the last few weeks) Got the two blue silkies and I got the rest.. she has a black, whites, 3 partridges.
    And I still want more!

I am taking my White Leghorn( Don't like them as much, very flighty and can be aggressive) and maybe a Rhode island red or a golden comet to the Amish sale this coming sat. And see if I can get acouple new birds.
    I was attempted to buy a few turkeys at the auction. . So tempting..I saw a box of diffrent breeds and they was GORGOUS. I saw Light Brahmas in there. Ugh! I wanted them. I saw my first Jersey Giant up close...Oh...My...God... It was huge and just a pullet.....
    I had a very fun day after the auction and going to a few yard sales( Bought a pair of sunglasses for 2 bucks... Vintage Bausch and Lomb Ray ban sunglasses...Found em on Ebay for 100 bucks..Hehe . then we went to her house and built a giant flower bed and watched as her free ranged chickens scratched around and followed us as they thought we had treats for them...She had some Buff Sussex, Anyone know about the breed? They are so sweet and playful! OF COURSE her silkies to!.

2. chickenlover96

chickenlover96 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    i dont know about buff susex but there probl the same as the speckeled sussex they are calm good layers and very freindly hope this helps

3. Countrypunk92

Countrypunk92 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Portland, tennessee
    Quote:I aalredy know about them, I was just going to see if people posted anything about their sussex

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by