It's so beautiful! First EE egg pic

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by bawkbawkbawk, Dec 9, 2009.

1. bawkbawkbawk

bawkbawkbawk Chillin' With My Peeps

I hope I never get over the amazement of finding such a beautiful egg! My pretty little EE laid her first egg yesterday and it's a beauty!

[​IMG]

She is the sweetest of my four hens - loves to "help" my husband when he works in the yard.

[​IMG]

2. Jess N Jeff

Jess N Jeff Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2009
    South San Diego, Cali
    That is adorable!!! Congrats!!! [​IMG]

3. houndit

houndit There is no H or F in Orpington!

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    It was such a shock when I found our first Easter-egger egg, even thought I was expecting them to start laying. They are so beautiful! Congratulations.

4. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    [​IMG]

5. The Zoo

The Zoo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2009
    Hayward, CA
    Nope - you never get over that feeling!

6. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Oh yip supervising workers and going to show them my hard work [​IMG] Congrats

7. dwegg

dwegg Chillin' With My Peeps

That is wonderful..[​IMG] Her egg is beautiful. Congrats! I still rush home every day to see who has laid. I LOVE your girl helping out. My two are fairly scared of me at the moment as i got them from a farm but both started laying green eggs last week. I am a teacher in the city and my kids are amazed at the colored eggs.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    Gorgeous. I love the color. I think some EEs may be in my future. Every time I see those lovely eggs I want some EEs.

9. gatorgal

gatorgal Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2009
    I, too, have EEr's. Three. I'll never forget that first green egg. My girls are fasinated with getting in our vehicles. So my first EE, Zena the warrior princess, laid her first egg in the jeep. I got two more EE's this spring and one lays a lighter green and one lays an army green. My RIR lay brown of course.
    My girls also love to "help" around the house. If you are doing something in the yard-they're there, wantin to know everything you're doing.
    We recently were using a bulldozer to do some clearing-after the first day they all had to go over and climb all over it. And forget it if I leave the house door open- the dog food is like chicken crack and i have some real crackheads.
    They are just so fun and cute. And everybody that gets the privilege of having some of their eggs just can't believe how much better they are than store bought.

10. ging3rhoffman

ging3rhoffman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    I kissed the first egg that i found in the nest box...i have been getting eggs
    now for several months now and am still over joyed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by