It's SO hard to Choose!! *Heavy With Pics*

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Bleenie, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

When they're new & teeny it's hard enough but at least they sorta look the same!

I already let go the ones i Knew i could live without (more freckled chocolates) and now it's time for me to really get into the picking and choosing and MAN!! is it Hard! They're all getting their colors now and they're just so beautiful... plus now i can see who is boys and girls and that's just about the worst part.. the favorite ones are always the ones that turn out to be the boys (which you dont need more of!).

Here's my little spoiled babies [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Fatty Silver Boy
    [​IMG]
    Not sure what everyones looking at! lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Silver girl
    [​IMG]
    Self-Blue Drakelet - SUCH A KEEPER!!! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ah..I love "her" [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    choco pied baby girl & Barberry...Someone's been hiding a Barred Gene!! (but i think hes a boy)
    [​IMG]
    Choco Pied girl
    [​IMG]
    fat face Barberry
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Snooty girl

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010

2. javajanie

javajanie Songster

May 10, 2010
    Southern MD
    I don't think I've ever seen a picture of that many ducks all snuggled together! Ducklings, yes, but not ducks. Oh Bleenie, I don't know how you'll decide. They are all so beautiful!

3. elieugene6

elieugene6 Songster

Jun 17, 2010
    Western ny
    Oh now you just had to go and post the pics of the adorable ducks. Now I have to pester the hubby cause I want ducks. Wish you lived nearby they are so adorable. Good luck choosing!

4. Aw!
    Ducks are so cute. I am still working on my roomies to convince them we need ducks. "Just a pair!" I say... to which they reply, "wouldn't that pair have ducklings?" and raise an eyebrow. Well, yes. That's the point. But I would only be BUYING a pair [​IMG]
    I don't know how you would ever choose!

5. chicken boy sam

chicken boy sam Songster

Dec 21, 2009
    The "choco-pied" one is so cute.....so is the silver girl! I don't know HOW you'd pick them out!

6. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

The girls are going to be the hardest! For boys, I only plan to keep the Self Blue & probably the Chocolate Barred but might reserve a Blue fawn...Just in case i don't like the way the Barred boys colors come in later.

I think i am just really in love with the barred guy because he came out of nowhere! I have no Barred birds in the flock (showing anyway) and this is the first one out of all the ducklings i've had so far. I guess I will also have to figure out if it's a pattern I wanna keep breeding too....

I am thinking i might like the idea of Barred Blue Fawns though, lol [​IMG]

7. Beautiful Scovies, Bleenie! Love the fat Silver boy and silver girl. I should have barred Chocolates next year as well as some blue fawns. My keepers are all molting into adult feathering right now so look a bit odd. [​IMG] A few more weeks and they will be presentable again. [​IMG]

8. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    That is one giant pile of adorable [​IMG]

9. L0rraine

L0rraine Songster

May 20, 2009
    Whidbey Island
    OMG - Has Goatwalker seen these pics? [​IMG]

10. I'm SO jealous. I can't have more than FOUR. Can you imagine going to the feed store, with two kids in tow, and trying to choose only FOUR out of all the chicks and ducklings in the big tank? Absolutely horrid.

In your position I'd prolly overthink it and make a table... cuteness, coloring, male/female, egg capacity, broodiness, and so on to give each one a 'score' and then, again assuming I was capable of thinking logically (not much evidence of that so far) then I'd keep the high rankers and ditch the low rankers.

But, I guess if you truly love all of them equally then you could do a lotto...

Geez... maybe it's a good thing I can only have four... never thought I hear myself say that but... with this decision... ouch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by