It's so little!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by epona4, Dec 16, 2008.

1. epona4

epona4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Central Indiana
    One of our banties laid her first egg! Can't find my camera, but I'll take a picture as soon as I do.

I'm very excited because I got to be there when it happened! Went to check if Ginger had laid an egg this afternoon and decided to just sit and watch them for a bit. The banty roo was doing his "singing" thing and Juicy was wondering around the coop building nests. She finally settle down in the nest box and stayed there. I waited for about 5 more minutes (in the 30 degree coop!) and heard her making "pushing" noises!! It took her a little while and I felt so sorry for her! (remembering my own labor!!) But she finally pushed it out and was very interested in covering it. NOW, I'm a bit worried that maybe she has laid already (there were no blood streaks on this egg) and has them burried in the coop somewhere!

Now I have 2 egg layers! Woot!

2. BFeathered

BFeathered Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    North Texas
    Congrats! Post pics; was it a toot-egg?

3. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

They do not always have blood on them when they first lay. But I would check the coop just to see if there is any that are hidden.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by