1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

It's So Nice To Finally Be On Here!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mudstar4ever, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Mudstar4ever

Mudstar4ever Out Of The Brooder

Jun 5, 2011
    I would rather not give my location or age, but I do want to finally get involved on this website here! [​IMG] I can't exactly say I'm new to chickens, but my family and I have decided to start over
    from scratch. The reason I say this is because we have gone through two different clutches of chickens, two in the first and three in the second, and not one has survived. We have not had
    the best of luck, I'll just say that. But what's happened in the past is done and right now we just want to start over. (I will give information on our past attempts later, because it might help
    foolproof our plans.) My family and I had gotten very attached to our chickens and so their deaths were some pretty heavy blows on us. As a result, for the past two years we have refused
    to get anymore chickens because we don't want to go through the heartbreak again. My mom in particular dismisses the idea when I bring it up and so it will be very hard to convince her.
    But as the summer dawns on our property, we miss going down and visiting the chickens and my dad and I have been secretly conspiring. But even we do not want to have anymore
    chickens unless they are 100% safe from predators. I know there is no absolutely foolproof plan, but we live in a very heavily forested area and the predators around here are ruthless.
    Anyway, so I'm on here in the hopes to be able to bring home some chickens once again and to taste those delicious fresh eggs every morning and to have them around on our property. We
    appreciate any help we can get and ways that we might be able to convince my mom. She's told me that she is willing to go for it if my dad and I are able to come up with a foolproof plan.
    Nice meeting you all! [​IMG]

~Muddeh

2. La Mike

La Mike (Always Slightly Off)

Nov 20, 2009
    louisiana
    [​IMG] And hope all works out for ya'll [​IMG]

3. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    [​IMG]

not everyone gives location..and thats fine...

good luck with chickens!

4. Mudstar4ever

Mudstar4ever Out Of The Brooder

Jun 5, 2011
    Thanks! This website it exactly what I need, I think! [​IMG]

5. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    [​IMG]

6. lucyboo

lucyboo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    North Carolina
    [​IMG]

7. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Pride, La.

8. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama.

9. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
    [​IMG]

10. gotta have my peeps!

gotta have my peeps! Out Of The Brooder

Jun 5, 2011
    Rappahannock, Virginia
    Welcome. I hope your conspiring pays off and you can have chickens again. I live next to the woods, too. We ended up putting fences around our chicken yards. It helps some, but we still have to be on the lookout for signs of trouble. Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by