1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

It's so perfect!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Lothiriel, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    I'm getting guineas this week and I decided I'm going to name of of the males...........

Hector!!!!!!

It's so perfect. [​IMG]

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I like it! Congratulations to you!!! [​IMG]

3. curioUSchick13

curioUSchick13 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2012
    Florida
    love it too? Soo cute! Why hector?

4. BirdyMe

BirdyMe Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats!! I loved my guinea...he was a pretty awesome bird. I love the name Hector for a male! What color birds are you getting?

5. Lothiriel

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    I was listening to my mom read to my younger siblings about the Trojan War, and one of the Greek generals or what-have-yous was named Hector. When I heard it I immediately thought it would be perfect for a guinea.

We're getting an assortment from McMurrays, so I could get Pearl, White, Lavender, Coral, Purple, Buff, Buff Dundotte, Porcelain, Opaline, Slate, Chocolate, Powder Blue, and Brown. I'm really excited to see what colors they put in! Since the minimun order is 30, a few of our friends are taking some too. I'm getting 10 and the other 20 are gonig to be divided between the rest of them.

6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Oh No...not Hector. LOL I have a Hector and he is not a goonie bird, he is a handsome studmuffin roo

[​IMG]

Name your boy Fred. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  7. Lothiriel

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Aww c'mon! Guineas are gorgeous too!! [​IMG]

(Yes, your Hector is quite stunning. [​IMG])

8. BirdyMe

Oh wow!! I love the color varieties that guineas come in! The one I had was a Lavender- he was so gorgeous! I'll be anxious to see pictures, when you do get them! :)

9. Lothiriel

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    You can count on that! I've been doing a good deal of research here and PeepsCA has been super helpful with giving advice. So I have found out that I should be able to tell the males and females apart by 6 weeks. Then I'll pick who's going to be Hector.

Another really cool thing is I have been able to direct my friends who are ordering with us right here to BYC for various things. ^.^

10. BirdyMe

That's great! :D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by