1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

It's stone soup for dinner chez Jenn. What are you bringing?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by JennsPeeps, Apr 3, 2009.

1. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    DBF had to drive to Portland tonight, a 320 mile round trip.

So I'm here in the house all by my lonesome, with no car. It's great b/c I'm rarely home alone but now I don't feel like making dinner. I make dinner every night. I'm tired of it.

tangent: Wonder what DBF did with the frozen turkey we picked up at my mom's house today?

Hrm... don't feel like leftover lasagna... there's a chicken breast in the deli drawer that needs to get cooked. I could pound it flat and roll up some herbed goat cheese into it, then bake it. Yes, that sounds good.

Ohh... and wine! I have wine! It's my favorite wine, too!! Metropolitan Market Selection #5 Red wine ... yummy...

ETA: pretty please?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  2. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    What else do you have?

3. JennsPeeps

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Rosemary crackers.

Oh oh I know! crush those up & roll the chicken breast in that for a crunchy exterior.

Away I go!

4. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    If I weren't 400 miles away, I'd do it.

I made fried chicken come out of a deli bag for dinner.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I love to roll chicken breasts in finely crushed corn flakes and bake it halfway like that and then mix dijon mustard and honey and pour it over the top for the rest of the baking time. [​IMG]

6. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

I would just make a baked potato (5 min in microwave) and I used some fresh browned hamburger OR bacon and then add a little butter, shredded cheese and sour cream to top it off. YUM! We call um potato burgers. I throw a little diced onion in with the hamburger too [​IMG]

7. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    Got baby potatoes?

Roast 'em with garlic, salt, and olive oil 15 minutes at 425.

Steam some broccoli and you're good.

8. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I got some KFC leftover. DH was supposed to bring home stuff to make pizza and came with fried chicken biscuits and gravy.

9. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    Quote:And serve it with wine!

10. JennsPeeps

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    The chicken breasts are in the oven.

That wasn't that hard. It just required me getting my butt away from BYC! [​IMG]

I pounded the chicken breasts flat, then put about an ounce of herbed goat cheese in the center. Rolled it up, set aside. I crushed some of the crackers, beat an egg, and then dipped the breasts into the egg then rolled in the crackers.

I've got some couscous, which would be great. The original chicken recipe was supposed to have almonds in it (which I forgot), so I'll toast up some almonds really fast, then throw that with a preserved lemon into the couscous.

Doesn't that sound delish? Not to shabby for someone who didn't feel like cooking tonight!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by