Its sure been busy around here!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by MagsC, May 19, 2010.

1. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    I am sure all of you with families and yards and chickens and whatever else you have going on can relate!! With the warmer weather I feel like I am trying to juggle a hundred things at once and my brain/body feel fried.
    The doc has told me to work at a slower to moderate pace.Sigh.
    I have got on to just lurk and read posts though and maybe post myself a couple times a day.
    I just got in from weeding the garden and taking care of chickens again. Its not a chore though, I enjoy it.
    I have to remember, even though I am not a fan of hot weather, to enjoy these glorious days of spring, summer and into fall because winter is always a given here.
    So how is everyone else enjoying the weather?[​IMG]

2. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Can you send some of that nice weather my way? [​IMG] You sound like me, trying to do everything and get it all done in a few days. I have to learn to pace myself. It wasn't that hard. [​IMG] Every day that I even do a little bit, it was at least something that got done.

I think we're supposed to get temps in the 80's by the weekend. [​IMG] I love taking care of my chickens, it's fun not work!

3. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    I am the same way, doing a million things at once...I'm a multi-tasker by nature. I have decided though that even though I work on several projects a day, I always complete one project, even if it's the simplest little thing like weeding a section of the flower garden. I used to get overwhelmed at all of the projects I would get going, but by completing just one daily (again, no matter how tiny) it made a difference in my overall outlook of the days accomplishments.

It is so crazy once the weather turns how little my family is in the house!! We even eat outside--we love the nice weather!! So I'm with ya' here! Barely enough time to sit down (at least until the kids go to bed [​IMG] )

4. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    It's around 80 here today and low humidity. Perfect![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by