its that time of the year again.... BACK TO SCHOOL....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Dar, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    i just took the kids shopping for back to school holy cow prices have gone up.. I spent over $200 on each kid for the clothes I knew they need just off the top of my head. and then another $100 on the pens and paper and glue and other supplies they need... and I know I will get a list from my daughters school to things to get in addition to what I already bought.

I just went through their closets and took out the stuff that they dont like... they have out grown .. or have holes in it... they are going to be nekkid!... they really need to stop growing!

2. Dar

Jul 31, 2008
    opps

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  3. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    It is crazy expensive!! I just spent over $300 on my daughter....clothes, shoes, ear piercing. She still needs school supplies and a couple more pairs of shoes. The nice thing is we can wear the same shirts, so maybe I can borrow some of those new ones. [​IMG]

4. Dar

Jul 31, 2008
    I have not bought their shoes yet or jackets ect... I am hoping the spring ones will get them through fall...

5. ChickenAlgebra

ChickenAlgebra Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    My kids are starting private, plus the fun of uniforms. 17 and 14 yos have things starting Monday, school starts overall the 29th.

6. bella1210

bella1210 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    ct
    i can not wait to go back to school i have been having an boring summer

7. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    I hate school lol

8. bella1210

bella1210 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    ct
    Quote:i do to but i have been having a boring summer so i rather be there then be bored

9. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Us too. Though we start full schedule tomorrow. I love the uniforms though. They cost just as much but it's so much easier, no arguing about who's going to wear what and what's cool and what's not and on and on. They get to pick what color polo they want and that's it, I'm done!

10. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    My kids are grown now. The youngest is a senior in college so I'm not buying anything for school, I just get the bill. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by