It's time to play...."Guess That Duck"!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by CrzyChicLady, Aug 6, 2011.

1. CrzyChicLady

CrzyChicLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2010
    I went to a country store and they had a dirty little pen around back with about 8 ducklings in it. They were in a small area with no water, and bloody from pecking eachother. I felt like I had to take this little one or he wouldn't have a chance. I paid $5 dollars for him but would've paid $10 to get him out of that neglect and into my clean baby pool! I could tell the rest of the ducks were scovies but this guy was much smaller and obviously a different breed. But the question is what breed? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    I don't know my duck breeds really well yet but the stance says "runner" to me.

3. CrzyChicLady

Oct 28, 2010
    That's what I thought too! Look how straight he stands...

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    looks Runner or at least some runner. very cute, looks very happy.

5. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    I would say runner, too. And, it looks like he's got a little bit of a crest.

6. CrzyChicLady

Oct 28, 2010
    He took a bath in our big jetted tub when we got home! [​IMG] but I think he's still a little dirty. He does have some feathers sticking up on the top of his head....that's a crest? Or will be? [​IMG]

7. agregg15

agregg15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2011
    Connecticut
    I agree with everyone else he does look like a runner, but I would report the seller because that's animal abuse.

8. CrzyChicLady

Oct 28, 2010
    Quote:You're right, I should! They had a goat tied up to a post, peacocks in a small cage, chickens which looked awful, and i think rabbits but I didn't even ask to see the rabbits. I couldn't imagine what condition they were in! I'll call Animal Control on Monday.

9. birdboy508

birdboy508 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2011
    east taunton
    looks like a runner.[​IMG]

10. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:You're right, I should! They had a goat tied up to a post, peacocks in a small cage, chickens which looked awful, and i think rabbits but I didn't even ask to see the rabbits. I couldn't imagine what condition they were in! I'll call Animal Control on Monday.

Good for you, poor things and in the weather we're having all over this country, I hope their still alive by Monday.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by