Its time to pull out the incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by milleryardchx, Jan 24, 2010.

1. milleryardchx

milleryardchx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Washington State
    I have spring fever and it too soon to start planting the garden soo that means..... time to hatch more chickens! so time to go to the garage pull out the incubator thats been having a dusty vacation for 6 months and get back to playing with chickies. Even if I don't keep them all I just want to hatch some cute little fluff balls!.... So now I'm on the hunt for Ameraucanas deep green eggs and maybe a few Golden laced wyandotte and i would love a couple Columbian wyandotte or Delawares inerchangble to me i just like the coloring. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  2. cedar post

cedar post Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2009
    Seymour,WI.
    YES pull it out!! [​IMG]

3. Barred Rocker

Barred Rocker cracked egg

Jul 15, 2009
    King and Queen Co, Va
    I'm with ya. I swore I was going to wait til at least Feb 28 for a first day of spring hatch but the itch is getting too great. I may have to fill my new homemade bator sooner. I'm eager to see how well it does.

4. chickluver:D

chickluver:D Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2010
    maryland
    Quote:i agree. but i already have eggs in the hovabator! feb 7th baby! ugh i feel so good!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    lovin chickens! the fuzz bums are so CUTE!

5. chickluver:D

chickluver:D Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2010
    maryland
    i named my bator "the bessiebator" [​IMG] [​IMG] im going crazy here [​IMG] ! im gonna die! I LOVE CHICKENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. milleryardchx

May 25, 2008
    Washington State
    i just won a bid on STANDARD GOLDEN LACED COCHIN HATCHING EGGS looks like golden laced wyandotte so it works for me just with fuzzy feet. never had this breed but it always seems like everyones cochinson here are broody so maybe next year my hens can hatch their own eggs. I would love to have a broody with babies! now just need to get some green eggs!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  7. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    mine never got put up [​IMG]

8. milleryardchx

May 25, 2008
    Washington State
    ok I need to stop now! haha i won the bid on the cochin but now i have highest bid on 8+ delaware eggs, high bid on 6+ true Amaricanus, and 6+ olive eggs. so i need to sit on my hands so I don't end up with 30 eggs in the incubator haha. plus Im adding a few of my hens BCM eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by